Blog Journal #2

     Throughout my time in school, I have primarily used Google Docs and Pages. For notes I prefer to use Pages since it is the easiest to access on my laptop. Pages is also convenient for when I do not have a stable Wifi connection. For essays I tend to use Google Docs due to its autocorrect feature. I have very rarely used Microsoft Word as I find it to be the most outdated of the three options.

    The ISTE Standard that I find to be the most meaningful is "2.1 Learner." Even as an educator, learning never stops. As new technologies become available, educators must put themselves in the mindset of a student in order to familiarize themselves with the new material. Learning is a never-ending cycle for everyone, not one person in the world will ever be able to learn everything there is to learn.

    I do agree with the label "digital native" for today's youth. Prior to this generation, much of the technology that has been incorporated into our everyday lives did not exist prior to their birth. Smartphones, portable laptops, tablets, and other electronics became ingrained into everyday life throughout the course of generations' adulthood. On the other hand, the current generation was born with these technologies already existing. They are not aware of a world without these devices as they never experienced a world where they did not exist. Digital immigrants tend to be a bit less comfortable with technology than digital natives. Digital natives tend to be much more familiar with how to navigate and adjust to new technologies that emerge. Future students will likely use computer and tablets even more so than students now do. Paper and pencil assignment will likely become obsolete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Blog Journal #3