Blog Journal #3

     As a teacher, I would address copyright while developing my own instructional materials by making an effort to abide by the Copyright Act of 1976. For instances where my teachings would not fall under the Copyright Act of 1976, I would provide a citation crediting the original author of the material. In order to enforce copyright and fair use laws within my classroom, I would set aside time for an in-depth lesson on these concepts. Even if I become an elementary teacher, I would still urge my students to give credit to the original owner of the material to the best of their ability.

    Academic honesty is one of the main concerns regarding technology implementation in the classroom. The limits to the internet are endless, which leads to increased rates of cheating. In order to conquer this issue, I would utilize Canvas for all online assignments. Canvas offers various features that combat cheating, one being action logs for quizzes. I would also utilize a service such as Turnitin in order to detect possible plagiarism.

    I do not believe that implementing generative AI is beneficial in a classroom setting. From my understanding of generative AI, it seems as though it as oftentimes used as a resource for simply obtaining answers rather than expanding on preexisting ideas. Interacting and exchanging ideas with peers is far more fulfilling than turning to AI. Utilizing AI in a classroom setting furthers our dependence on technology.

    Although I have yet to complete the Newsletter Assignment, so far I have attempted to see through the lens of a teacher. It has been interesting to imagine myself sending this out to the parents of a classroom full of students. It has been challenging to brainstorm what upcoming topics and activities would be happening if I had a classroom of my own. The skills I have learned from this assignment could be utilized in my future career by maintaining a detailed lesson plan far in advance. Since I have not yet completed the assignment, I am unable to say how I could improve it nor am I able to submit a screenshot of it.

    

Comments

  1. Jackie, I understand your concern about ChatGPT use in classrooms. These concerns are significant, as the essence of education includes developing critical thinking skills, fostering creativity, and encouraging meaningful interactions among students. Please read the this week's announcement, in which I share some good integration practice, which may broaden your perspective on this topic:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Blog Journal #2